Friday 1 April 2016

LittleFishFood // Smoothie bowl lovin'.....

If there's one thing I've learnt recently it's that everything (and I seriously mean everything) tastes better in a bowl. I don't know why, I mean I can hardly pluck some scientific fact to evidence this but you'll just have to trust me. I think there's something so comforting about huddling around a bowl and nomming away as you tuck into your favourite comfort grub.

Maybe it's that hit of nostalgia hey? Those childhood memories of digging around in the garden collecting bugs and getting covered in soil before running in to a bowl of your grandmother's homemade soup, crusty bread, and what seems like half a block of butter. Ok. Maybe I'm on my own there for the first bit (I didn't exactly conform to society's 'little girl' image and my love of nature started young) but I'm sure we can all resonate with the sheer home comfort associated with freshly made soup.

Now, soup's chilly cousin - the smoothie - has been flooding instagram by storm. No longer in a glass or drank with a straw, the slightly thicker aptly named 'smoothie bowl' is a treat and jam packed full of nutrients and yumminess that makes this breakfast bowl a true treat.



Now doesn't it look pretty?

This one was rustled up in a matter of minutes, it can of course be made with whatever you'd like but here's mine...

......PB and banana smoothie bowl.......

[Gluten/wheat free // Dairy free // Vegan // Fodmap friendly]

Blitz together the following ingredients:

  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 2 tsp peanut butter (I use Meridian as it's just pure peanut - no sugar, salt, or added palm oil)
  • 10 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (Alpro here!)
  • A small handful of oats.


Add more liquid/oats to get your desired consistency.

Add to a bowl and add your toppings. I used chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, and a few almonds.

Enjoy - - - ♡

No comments:

Post a Comment